sQuid delivers a range of e-Money services for businesses, cashless payment solutions for the Education sector in the UK & Kenya, digital transactions & learning solutions for Humanitarian Aid & Development programmes. sQuid is regulated under the Financial Conduct Authority in UK and by Central Bank in Kenya.
sQuid Card UK was formed in 2005 and has a fully owned subsidiary, sQuid Kenya Limited.
We have built a unique technology platform, capable of managing digital transactions between parties at very significant scale. The digital platform is currently used to;
- Manage around 3 Million e-money transactions on a monthly basis.
- Manage digital attendance data for over 160,000 primary school children in Kenya.
- Manage online access and learning resources as part of an education platform built specifically for sub-Saharan Africa.
- Manage electronic money payments between individuals and merchants.
- Enable Bursary Disbursement for tuition fee in partnership with local banks and the Higher Education Loans Board, currently serving in Kenyan universities.
Through various strategic partnerships sQuid has also built the iMlango learning platform which enables content for school children in Kenya to be rapidly produced in an electronic format and delivered to pupils with complete end-to-end tracking, creating a digital record for the pupils. The platform has the ability to give feedback on pupils’ progress, and enable interactivity with both pupils and teachers and is currently in use in 205 public Kenyan schools.
Additional information on sQuid and the services we provide can be found by visiting the following websites: www.squidcard.com & www.imlango.com